Saturday, May 12, 2012

Loosing the weight

I'm going to start using this blog to chronicle my weight loss and workout adventure.

In April I jogged/mostly walked a half marathon. This jump started me onto getting my body healthy.

I don't have an issue with my body image. I feel beautiful. I am beautiful. And I'm happy with who I am. Of course I would like to be skinnier, but it's not something I think about on a daily basis or something I even care about.

So I'm not doing this to get skinny. I'm doing this to get healthy. I'm doing this because I want to be an amazing example to my children. I want my kids to understand nutrition and to know how to be healthy. The best person to teach my children this is me, I am their strongest example. If I'm not being healthy, I can never expect my children to be healthy!

I also want to get healthy because I have horrible asthma. I struggle on a daily basis to catch my breath. Sometimes I feel like I can't breath when in just sitting on the couch. I feel that if I loose the 50-70lbs it will be easier to breath. I'm hoping that it will help with my allergies too. But if not, it will still change my life to be healthier.

It's hard to measure my progress without some numbers so I'm going to use those as my stats, but they aren't what matter. They're just a way to quantify my achievements!

Weight: 186.8 lbs
Height: 5'4"
BMI: 31.9

Goals:
Weight: 145 difference of 42lbs
BMI: below 25

No comments:

Post a Comment